Your kids have finally left home! They're off to chart their own course and start creating their own independent memories leaving you with a lot of empty space. Maybe it's time to consider downsizing into a home that aligns more with your current needs. But you love your home and don't like the thought of living anywhere else. Then perhaps you should consider transforming those empty spaces in to usable and functional rooms. Here are five ideas that may spark a renewed enthusiasm for the future of your home:
1. A Master Suite for Guests. Now that your kids are gone it's time to start inviting more of your old high school and college friends to come vacation with you for the weekend. Add an inviting King-size bed and mount a flat screen TV on the wall. Paint the room a rich spa-like color to give the room a luxurious hotel feel.
2. Make a place to play. Set up a game room in that empty space. Put a card table in the room with some club chairs. Install some wood flooring and put up fun and decorative artwork on the walls to create your own at home casino.
3. Create a new work area. Many Baby Boomers are prolonging retirement and are taking consulting or marketing jobs they can do while working from home. Consider setting up a state-of-the-art home office. Now is the time to get that custom work station and built-in shelving unit you always wanted.
4. Use that extra space for Storage. No matter how many closest and cabinets you have it never seems to be enough. Make good use of an empty room by converting it into a one-of-a-kind indoor storage space.
5. Keep busy and productive with a Hobby Room. Since your kids aren't around to distract you anymore you'll have more time to devote to all those fun crafts and hobbies that you've always wanted to try but never had the time.
If all else fails and you think downsizing is the right option for you, contact us today and let us help you find the right home here in Gilbert, Arizona or the East Valley.